THE HIGH COST OF LOW COST PAPER
There are many types of paper in the market place that you can choose from. Does buying the cheapest paper actually save you money in the long run? Many times cheaper quality (and cost) paper will cause more jams, more downtime, waste more paper and more employee labor than you save as compared to higher quality paper.
Every machine is designed with different factors in mind. These factors will influence what type of paper you can effectively use in your Konica Minolta machine. Konica Minolta publishes paper guides for each model with a list of tested brands that have been proven to work properly in your equipment.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS
• DO NOT cut your own paper. It leaves burrs that cause jams and many times is not cut to the exact intended size.
• Ensure that your paper grain direction is going in the proper direction. This can make a huge difference in decreasing jams as well as the paper breaking while folding.
• DO NOT store your paper in an open package as this makes it far more susceptible to moisture and the elements. It can also get dusty as well as folded or bent. In addition, when you are getting paper that is curling when it exits the machine in most cases it is caused by damp paper or paper not made to run in your machine.
• Make sure you have selected the proper paper weight settings for the thickness of your paper on your machine. This is a very common reason for jams that we find when servicing copiers.
• Make sure that you are not running too heavy of paper that is outside the specs of your particular machine.
• If you must feed thick paper or thin paper, use the paper path the has the least amount of turns. Many times this will be the bypass tray or the manual paper tray on the right side of the machine.
So save yourself some money and time and purchase quality approved paper for you Konica Minolta Copier.
If you have any questions about this you can contact your service technician at (209) 952-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org